Porsche’s baby SUV gets subtle design changes and an updated interior
- Both the Macan and Macan S are set to launch in India by July.
- They are likely to be priced between Rs 70 lakh and Rs 75 lakh.
- Porsche dealerships have begun accepting bookings for the F-Pace rival.
- New Macan looks like its predecessor; albeit with new LED headlamps.
- Gets Porsche’s trademark connected tail lamp design as well.
- Cabin gets a new Porsche Connect 10.9-inch infotainment system.
Porsche has listed the updated version of its smallest SUV, the Macan, on its Indian website.According to our sources, the new Macan, which is likely to be priced from Rs 70 lakh onwards, can be booked for a token amount of Rs 7 lakh. In India, the Macan will be offered in two variants – the standard Macan and the sportier Macan S. The bonkers Macan Turbo, which was previously offered in India, will be launched at a later stage as the updated version of this variant is still under development.
The Macan S employs a 3.0-litre twin-turbo V6 petrol motor that puts out 354PS of power and 480Nm of torque. Mated to a 7-speed dual clutch transmission and all-wheel-drive, the Macan S can hit 0-100kmph in 5.3 seconds. Opting for the Sport Chrono package shaves off 0.2 seconds off that figure. Pedal to the metal, the Macan S can hit a top speed of 254kmph. But if you value fuel efficiency over top speed, you’ll be glad to know that the Macan S is capable of returning an average of 11.23kmpl.